What is Clean Living?
If you want to truly live a healthy lifestyle you will need to make a few simple changes, so that your immune system is fighting for you and not against you. This is called "clean-living."
A peaceful, non-toxic environment is critical to maintaining your health.
- Avoid toxic, non-supportive people
- Switch to non-toxic cleaning supplies, skin & body care products
- Use a non-toxic toothpaste and deoderant
- Get adeqate rest
- If you have allergies, use allergen-free linens and invest in an allergen filter
- Diffuse essential oils to clear the home of toxins
There are many organic, non-toxic companies selling safe products for the home. Do your research by visiting ewg.org. Below are a few examples.
- Seventh Generation Products
- Zuzu Luxe Mascara & Eyeliner
- Gabriel Cosmetics
- Pure Haven Essentials
- Essential Oils.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda
Making these changes all at once may seem overwhelming. Make a few changes at a time as finances and ability allow. Remember to detox and reduce inflammation by drinking water with lemon and ginger.
- It's time to go gluten-free
- Switch to a low/no sugar diet
- Increase healthy sources of protein. Raw Whey powder from Wild is a good source.
- Eat more green, leafy vegetables
- Reduce or eliminate dairy products (does not include raw dairy or kefir)
- Add foods that help reduce body inflammation and eliminate toxins
- Drink plenty of water with lemon. Always drink a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning before eating.
- Drink green tea or use a green tea extract
- Eat whole grains
- Reduce or eliminate white breads and enriched grains like white rice